Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A DAY OF TESTING

We had a day of testing today, so I could make sure the kids were on target and the education they are getting at home is helping them with progressing.  Today the testing we did was for Spelling (Schonell Spelling Test) and the Burt Reading Test (both standardised and used in NZ schools)

Pollyanna (age 6 years, 1 month)


Spelling age of 7 years exactly

Reading age of 7 years 6 months



Benjamin (age 8 years, 11 months)

Spelling age of 12 years 8 months)

Reading age of 13 years, 10 months



Aren’t our kids awesome and I marked them really hard and gave them no warning of the testing!  I am just having one of those proud moments where I am seeing the benefits of home schooling ... I don't often acknowledge the wonders of my two littlest hero's but today I want to acknowledge their hard work and dedication and the effort they both put into learning is just awesome and boy is it paying off :)

No comments: