Sunday, December 18, 2011

day 192: reindeer bottles



the completed reindeer, aren't they cute!
day 192 and i am adding a little decoration to a gift for the peeps grandpa today.  i loved these reindeer bottles of beer and thought that grandpa would appreciate a gift like this from under the christmas tree ;)  this idea is from kim at life of a modern mom and is pinned to my christmas is coming board on pinterest.

for this creation you need some form of beverage (mines beer!) in bottles, some brown pipe cleaners, red pompoms, some googly eyes, and a hot glue gun.

the bits and pieces required for this project :)

what do you call a deer with no eyes?
no idea!
my husband made me put that in...

my happy little reindeer bottles :)

outcome: perfect for a little something extra to put under the tree, especially if that person likes this type of beverage, which grandpa does!  they look really cute, and very festive, an ideal addition to under our tree.

my thanks to kim for making something everyday be fabulous for the festive season ... totally love projects like this, when the ordinary turns into awesome :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Great way to 'jolly up' an unwrappable present :)
Jenny x

Cath said...

Hi there, just wanted to thank you for the great idea of reindeer bottles. One of my secret santa recipients was a young fellow and I had "no idea" (lol). He loved the Reindeer (beer) bottles and as far as I know still can't bring himself to open them. I posted some pictures on my blog: Bits 'n Bobs. Thank you for sharing
Cath :)