WE HAVE A WINNER
Love the digi card, they're a lot easier to send so definitely have a place in crafting:)
Great new blog header too.
Great new blog header too.
Jenny if you could email me at email@example.com, i will email you out the details so you can download the software for FREE :)
THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVELY COMMENTS OVER THE LAST WEEK! I HAVE LOVED READING THEM AND REALLY APPRECIATED ALL YOU HAVE HAD TO SAY ...
WATCH OUT FOR A NEW ZEALAND GOODIES THEMED GIVE AWAY IN TWO WEEKS
|lots of fun goodies for a very deserving teacher|
day 213 and as i start the process of organising the peeps curriculum for the coming school year (starting february) i have teachers and the amazing job they do at the forefront of my thoughts. i know lots of teachers, some i love, some terrify me, some are amazing, some are born to do the job, some are willing learners, some are misunderstood often, some are sweethearts, some make me cry, some are hilarious, but only one is all of the above ... and she is also an amazing friend.
the peeps and i are going to spend some time with her this week being her classroom slaves! all teachers work SO very hard and all need more hours in the day ... so we are off to help her turn her new classroom into her dream vision. i wanted to make sure she knew what a special teacher she is (we know personally as she was ben's last school teacher) so we are putting together a teachers survival kit for her ... something EVERY teacher should have a the start of a new school year don't you think!
i saw the idea on pinterest ages ago and waited until the right time to make it for her ... what better time than her first day back at school for 2012. this idea comes from lucia at ink me baby one more time and is pinned to my gift wrapping and gift ideas board.
you start with a basket or some form of carry-all and add the following:
- animal cookies for when your class seems like a zoo
- band-aids for when things get a little rough
- chewing gum to help you stick at it
- crayons to make your day bright and rosy
- a candle for all the late nights you put in marking and planning
- an eraser to remind you everyone makes mistakes
- lifesavers for when you've had one of those days
- marbles to replace the ones you'll lose
- paper clips to hold it all together
- pencil to "write the wrongs"
- rubber bands to remind you to be flexible
- a shiny coin to remind you that each will shine in their own special way
- starbursts to give you energy when you need it
- tissues to wipe away the tears ... yours and theirs
- toothpicks to help you pick out the good qualities in them ... and you
- a time out bar for when you need to sit a while
- smarties because that's what you will create
- a prayer/poem for you at the start of each new day
strengthen their voices, bodies, and minds
to express their feelings and control them sometimes
to explore what's near and venture afar
but most important to love who they are
|a close up of some of the goodies!|
|some more of the goodies in situ :)|
outcome: i LOVE this, it has such incredibly wonderful meaning ... especially when you are giving it to someone so special who you know will appreciate it. we give it to her in a couple of days so the outcome is still pending but i love the sentiments and for me that makes it an instant winner :)
my sincere thanks to lucia from ink me baby one more time, she makes the most beautiful things and clearly puts huge effort into making the people in her life feel super special.