i didn't have a thick white pillowcase so i used some white drill material to whip one up and added some black and white polka dots to the bottom of it. i loved the contrast at the bottom of mandy's ghost dress and wanted to add this same element into pollyanna's.
|the pillowcase i made with the contrast bottom|
|cut out the armholes|
|i used bias binding on this one around the armholes instead|
|i tried out a couple of different ghost faces before ...|
|eek ... this one looked sleepy!|
|then settled on this design and cut out the really ghost|
eyes and mouth out of black fabric and ironed in place
with heat'n'bond :)
outcome: really cute, unfortunately it is quite late here and pollyanna is in bed otherwise i would have got her to model it ... will post a couple of pic's tomorrow of her in the dress. really, really happy with how this turned out and hopefully she will be too when she sees it in the morning :)
my thanks to mandy at sugar bee crafts for this wonderful tutorial, i will definitely be making more of these dresses for different holiday seasons, especially with the contrast bottom of the dress.